Home of the Mustangs
Carusi Middle School is the neighborhood middle school on the West side of Cherry Hill. Our school’s enrollment ranges from approximately 930 – 1000 students in grades 6-8. We have exciting staff and students who do incredible things every day. Our school’s focus on the whole child provides opportunities for students to grow in academic and extracurricular areas.
Our goal is to make connections with all our students and empower their passions into learning experiences that foster meaningful contributions to our global community. Becoming a Carusi Mustang is a lifelong commitment. We inspire students to be Caring, Academic, Respectful, Unparalleled Students with Integrity. We are proud of all of our students and their awesome accomplishments – within and beyond Carusi!
Dr. John J. Cafagna, Principal
We are pleased to announce that Carusi Middle School will again be conducting Parent Teacher Conferences this year in an effort to communicate directly with you regarding your child's progress.
Conferences will be held on the following dates and times:
- Monday, November 26, 2018 (6:30 - 8:30 PM)
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 (1:30 - 3:30 PM)
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018 (6:30 - 8:30 PM)
- Thursday, November 29, 2018 (1:30 - 3:30 PM)
To give greater flexibility in scheduling parent/teacher conferences, Carusi Middle School has made conference schedules available via the internet. All appointments are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Our scheduling system will allow you to schedule an appointment with each of your child's teachers (English Language Arts, Humanities, Mathematics, and Science) and for any other specific courses which are "off house".
For complete details or directions on how to make an appointment, please visit our Parent-Teacher Conference page here
- Anti-Bullying Pledge
- Dress Code
- Technology Use Amendment
- Parent-Student Handbook
Also be sure to complete your district opening paperwork online at www.chclc.org/parents!
You will need your student ID number to complete all electronic forms.
If you need assistance completing the forms please contact Carusi at 856-667-1220 during regular school hours
Limited paper copies are available upon request in the Carusi Guidance Office
- Brace Road at Kresson Road will be CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC overnight Wednesday 11/14 from 7 pm through 6 am as PSE&G finishes the work there with milling and paving. Brace Road will also have a lane shift at Munn Lane for paving during later hours that same night, with Munn Lane CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC at Brace Road.
- Haddonfield Road and Maple Avenue will be down to ONE LANE IN EACH DIRECTION overnight, 7 pm through 6 am on Friday night 11/16 and on Monday night 11/19 while Crisdel / PSE&G are paving the entire intersection. This will require half the intersection to be closed at any given time, with traffic being shifted over from lane to lane. All directions will remain open, however traffic will be reduced to one lane in certain directions as work progresses through the night.
- Brick Road will be CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC at Marlowe Rd/Brick Rd bend going into Evesham headed toward Rt 73 / Lippincott Drive, between 7 am and 5 pm daily starting on Monday 11/26 and lasting for about two weeks through Friday 12/7. Evesham Twp Public Works will be performing road repairs to Brick Road in their township, however there will be a detour set up in Cherry Hill at the intersection of Marlowe Road and Brick Road. All traffic headed east on Marlowe will be detoured onto Brick Rd to Evesham Rd, and all traffic headed north on Brick will be detoured onto Marlowe Rd to Cropwell Rd.
- East Tampa Ave, Daytona Ave, Princess Rd, and Deland Ave will have upcoming intermittent one- or two-block closures as Kingston drainage improvements are made by CHT Pubic Works, beginning during the week of 11/26 and going through mid-January. Local detours will be posted as the work moves around this area and residents will be notified prior to closing roads that affect them.
High school & middle school students: Please participate in Aramark's survey about school cafeteria food! Feedback from 60 or more students in each high or middle school building means students will be entered in a raffle to win a $50 Wawa gift card! Students who choose to take the survey anonymously will not be able to be entered into the raffle. Survey is open through Friday, November 16, 2018!
The PARCC Results 2018 Presentation is now available. The PARCC Results 2018 Presentation, presented at the October 16, 2018 Board of Education Action Meeting, details comparisons of Cherry Hill's Spring 2016, 2017, and 2018 PARCC results, along with individual school performance level results, and more.
Elementary PARCC Spring 2018 Individual Student Reports were mailed on October 3. Middle School and High School PARCC Spring 2018 Individual Student Reports will be uploaded into Genesis no later than 3:00 PM on October 4, 2018.
LaCoyya H. Weathington